Want to flavor up mac & cheese night or need a new salmon recipe? Take a spin with this Smoked Salmon Mac & Cheese recipe from SuperNummy.com. Let us know what you think!
Smoked Salmon Mac & Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni pasta
- 2 cups milk use higher fat % for thicker sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 6 oz smoked cheddar cheese smoked gouda and smoked gruyere taste good too!
- 1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 2/3 cup baby green peas
- 1 cup smoked salmon, heaping skinless and in chunks
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease the inside of Dutch oven or casserole dish with butter
- Pour milk over dry pasta in Dutch oven
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes
- Melt butter and stir in bread crumbs
- After 30 minutes, remove the pasta and milk from oven and stir
- Mix in shredded cheese, yogurt, mustard, nutmeg, chili powder, black pepper, peas and salmon
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees and sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until golden
Recipe from SuperNummy.com. Click that link for more info, pictures and other delicious recipes. Note: if you don't have a Dutch oven or covered casserole dish, you can wrap aluminum foil tightly over a deep baking dish and increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees.