Take a look at this list of the top 12 most beautiful mountains in the United States (and Canada) and let us know which one is your favorite!
Which mountains have you visited? Head over to our sister site, Classic Magnets, and commemorate your current or past trips with a vintage magnet and track your travels!
As the world continues to get overtaken by civilization and more jungles turn to concrete, there is something about seeing mountain looming in the horizon that reminds us of the true, everlasting beauty of Mother Earth. Towering above the world, covered in snow, asymmetrical yet perfect in every way, mountains silently proclaim dominance over even the tallest skyscrapers.
1. Grand Teton – Located in Northwest Wyoming, this is the highest mountain in Grand Teton National Park. Have you been here before? Highlight the trip with a Wyoming souvenir, a vintage magnet made right here in the U.S.A!
2. Mount Rainier – This is the tallest mountain in the state of Washington. It is an active stratovolcano and is the most glaciated peak in the contiguous U.S. It is on the Decade Volcano list, which is a list of the 16 most potentially dangerous volcanoes in the world.
4. Mount Whitney – Located in California, it has the highest summit in the contiguous U.S. Have you traveled to California and interested in a souvenir molded magnet? We have California magnets, Route 66 magnets, and even city magnets from California!
5. Maroon Bells, Elk Mountain – This picturesque Colorado scene is made up of two peaks, Maroon Peak and North Maroon Peak. They are the most photographed mountains in the United States! Shop all souvenir Colorado magnets here.
7. Mount Shasta – This mountain is located in Northern California and is potentially volcanic. This stand alone mountain offers an amazing, unobstructed view from the surrounding highways.
9. Mount Elbert – Located in Central Colorado, this mountain is the tallest point in the state.
10. Sawtooth Mountains – Part of the Rocky Mountains, this range is located in Central Idaho. The highest point is Thompson Peak, near Stanley, ID.
11. Hawaiian Islands – The exposed peaks of a great undersea mountain range known as the Hawaiian-Emperor seamount chain, which were formed by volcanic activity. Interested in a souvenir from Hawaii? Check out these Hawaii vintage magnets!
~BONUS MOUNTAIN FOR OUR NORTHERN NEIGHBORS~
12. Valley of the Ten Peaks – This valley in Banff National Park, Alberta, features the serene Moraine Lake crowned by ten majestic peaks. We sell magnets for our northern neighbors in Canada as well, just check out our sister site!
Head over to our sister site at ClassicMagnets.com and decorate your cabin with our U.S. State Magnets and vintage souvenir magnets!